The Intel® Edison is an ultra small computing platform that will change the way you look at embedded electronics. Each Edison packs a huge amount of tech goodies into a tiny package while still providing the same robust strength of your go-to single-board computer. Powered by the Intel® Atom™ SoC dual-core CPU and including an integrated WiFi, Bluetooth LE and 70-pin connector to attach a veritable slew of shield-like “Blocks,” which can be stacked on top of one another. It’s no wonder how this little guy is lowering the barrier of entry on the world of electronics!
The Intel Edison packs a robust set of features into its small size, delivering great performance, durability and a broad spectrum of I/O and software support. Those versatile features help meet the needs of makers, inventors and beginners. This is a module with a high-speed processor and WiFi and Bluetooth radios onboard. Its low power and small footprint make it ideal for projects that need a lot of processing power but don’t have the ability to be near a larger power source or have a large footprint.
If you are looking to add a little more stability to your Intel Edison stack, check out this Hardware Pack. It will provide you with increased mechanical strength for stacking Blocks on your Edison!
Dimensions: 35.5 × 25.0 × 3.9 mm (1.4 × 1.0 × 0.15 inches) Max
- Intel Atom system-on-a-chip (SoC) based on leading-edge 22nm Silvermont microarchitecture, including a dual-core CPU and single-core microcontroller (MCU)
- Integrated WiFi, Bluetooth LE, memory and storage
- Support for more than 30 industry-standard I/O interfaces via a 70-pin connector
- Support for Yocto Linux, Arduino, Python, Node.js and Wolfram
- Open source community software tools enabling ease of adoption and inspiring third-party app developers to build apps for consumers.
- EDI1.SPON.AL.S (System-On-Modules, SOM, Edison Module IoT Internal Antenna)