The SparkFun Danger Shield mounts on top of your Arduino or Arduino Pro and equips it with a variety of fun and useful inputs and outputs. The Danger Shield has so much potential; we can’t wait to see what you’re able to do with it! The shield’s features include:
- Three linear slide potentiometers connected to the Arduino’s analog pins 0 through 2.
- Red and yellow LEDs connected to digital pins 5 and 6 – PWM pins – so you can easily vary their brightness.
- Three momentary push buttons connected up to the Arduino’s digital pins 10 through 12. Those lines will go low when the buttons are pressed.
- A photocell and a temperature sensor, both with analog outputs, are connected to the analog pins 3 and 4, respectively.
- An 8-bit shift register set up to control a blue 7-segment LED.
- A buzzer – so you can get sound out of your Arduino
- Capacitive Touch pad – Using the CapSense library to sense touch.
This product comes as a kit of parts, which you’ll have to solder into the included PCB. All parts are through-hole so it should go together relatively easily; but always check your component orientation before soldering!
- 1x PCB Danger Shield Kit
- 3x Slide Potentiometers – 10K
- 1x 7-Segment LED – Blue
- 1x 8-bit Shift Register – 74HC595
- 1x Temperature Sensor – TMP36
- 1x Miniature Photocell
- 1x Piezo Speaker
- 1x Basic LED – Red
- 2x Basic LEDs – Yellow
- 1x Mini Push Button
- 3x Momentary Push Buttons – 12mm Square
- 11x Resistors – 330 Ohm
- 1x Resistors – 10K Ohm
- 1x Resistor 1M Ohm 1/6W
- 2x 8-pin Arduino Stackable Headers
- 2x 6-pin Arduino Stackable Headers