The Intel® Edison is an ultra small computing platform that will change the way you look at embedded electronics. Each Edison is packed with a huge amount of tech goodies into a tiny package while still providing the same robust strength of your go-to single board computer. Powered by the Intel® Atom™ SoC dual-core CPU and including an integrated WiFi, Bluetooth LE, and a 70-pin connector to attach a veritable slew of shield-like “Blocks” which can be stacked on top of each other. It’s no wonder how this little guy is lowering the barrier of entry on the world of electronics!
The on-line Edison SIK Experiment Guide (in the Documents section below) contains step by step instructions of how to connect each circuit with the included parts. Full example code is provided and explained and even includes fritzing diagrams and the required components.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for anyone with an interest in Internet of Things projects or the Intel® Edison in general.
- Circuit 1: Hello, World!
- Circuit 2: Pushing Some Buttons
- Circuit 3: Blinky
- Circuit 4: Email Notifier
- Circuit 5: Web Page
- Circuit 6: RGB LED Phone App
- Circuit 7: Speaker
- Circuit 8: Temperature and Light Logger
- Circuit 9: Weather on an LCD
- Circuit 10: Keyboard
- Circuit 11: Phone Accelerometer
- Circuit 12: Bluetooth Game Controller
- 1x Intel® Edison
- 1x SparkFun Block for Intel® Edison – Base
- 1x SparkFun Block for Intel® Edison – GPIO
- 1x SparkFun Block for Intel® Edison – ADC
- 1x Basic 16×2 Character LCD – White on Black 3.3V
- 1x Mini Photocell
- 1x Temperature Sensor – TMP36
- 1x LED – RGB Diffused Common Anode
- 20x 100 Ω Resistors
- 20x 1k Ω Resistors
- 3x 2N3904 NPN Transistors
- 1x Piezo Speaker
- 1x 10k Trimpot
- 1x USB OTG Cable
- 1x USB microB Cable
- 1x Breadboard
- 1x Intel® Edison Hardware Pack
- 30x Jumper Wires