The SN74HC165N is a neat little IC that will take an input of up to 8 parallel lines and produce a single, serial output. It’s a great way to increase the number of inputs on a microcontroller.
This breakout makes it easy to prototype using the 74HC165 by breaking out all of the pins you need to standard 0.1″ spaced headers. We’ve also lined up the data and power pins so that you can easily make chains of them and expand the number of outputs under your control!
This chip works with a voltage supply anywhere in the range of 2-6VDC, and at clock frequencies of up to 29MHz (@6VDC).
- Wide Operating Voltage Range of 2 V to 6 V
- Parallel-to-Serial Data Conversion
- Outputs Can Drive Up To 10 LSTTL Loads
- Low Power Consumption, 80-μA Max ICC
- ±4mA Output Drive at 5 V
- Low Input Current of 1 μA Max
- Complementary Outputs
- Direct Overriding Load (Data) Inputs
- Gated Clock Inputs
- 0.1″ Spaced Headers