The RN-XV module by Roving Networks is a certified Wi-Fi solution especially designed for customer who want to migrate their existing 802.15.4 architecture to a standard TCP/IP based platform without having to redesign their existing hardware. In other words, if your project is set up for XBee and you want to move it to a standard WiFi network, you can drop this in the same socket without any other new hardware.
The RN-XV module is based upon Roving Networks’ robust RN-171 Wi-Fi module and incorporates 802.11 b/g radio, 32 bit processor, TCP/IP stack, real-time clock, crypto accelerator, power management unit and analog sensor interface.The module is pre-loaded with Roving firmware to simplify integration and minimize development time of your application. In the simplest configuration, the hardware only requires four connections (PWR, TX, RX and GND) to create a wireless data connection.
- Based on common 802.15.4 XBee footprint
- Ultra low power: 4uA sleep mode, 38mA active
- Onboard TCP/IP stack includes DHCP, UDP, DNS, ARP, ICMP, HTTP client, FTP client and TCP
- Firmware configurable transmit power: 0dBm to 12dBm
- Hardware interfaces:TTL UART
- Host data rate up to 464Kbps over UART
- Supports Adhoc and infrastructure networking
- 8 general purpose digital I/O
- 3 analog sensor inputs
- Real-time clock for time-stamping, auto-sleep, and auto-wakeup modes
- Accepts 3.3VDC regulated power supply
- RP-SMA connector