The Teensy is a breadboard-friendly development board with loads of features in a, well, teensy package. Each Teensy 3.5 comes with headers already attached and pre-flashed with a bootloader so you can program it using the onboard USB connection; no external programmer needed! You can program for the Teensy in your favorite program editor using C, or you can install the Teensyduino add-on for the Arduino IDE and write Arduino sketches for it!
The processor on the Teensy also has access to the USB and can emulate any kind of USB device you need it to be, making it great for USB-MIDI and other HID projects. The 32-bit, 120MHz processor brings a few other features to the table as well, such as multiple channels of Direct Memory Access, several high-resolution ADCs and even an I2S digital audio interface! There are also four separate interval timers, plus a delay timer! Oh yeah, and all digital pins have interrupt capability and are 5V tolerant.
All of this functionality is jammed into a 62.3mm x 18mm board with all headers on a 0.1″ grid so you can slap it on a breadboard and get to work! The Teensy 3.5 (as well as its sibling, the Teensy 3.6) is larger, faster and capable of more projects, especially with its onboard microSD card port. An upgraded ARM Cortex MCU (120MHz from 72MHz), more memory (512K from 256K)—as well as more RAM, EEPROM and accessible pins—make up the key new features of this board. The Teensy 3.5 is slightly scaled down from the Teensy 3.6 but is offered at a less expensive price point.
Note: This does not come with a USB cable; please check below for an appropriate one.
Dimensions: 62.3mm x 18mm x 4.2mm (2.5in x 0.7in x 0.2in)
- 120MHz ARM Cortex-M4 with Floating Point Unit
- 512K Flash, 192K RAM, 4K EEPROM
- Microcontroller Chip MK64FX512VMD12
- 1 CAN Bus Port
- 16 General Purpose DMA Channels
- 5V Tolerance on All Digital I/O Pins
- 62 I/O Pins (42 breadboard friendly)
- 25 Analog Inputs to 2 ADCs with 13-bit resolution
- 2 Analog Outputs (DACs) with 12-bit resolution
- 20 PWM Outputs (Teensy 3.6 has 22 PWM)
- USB Full-Speed (12Mbit/sec) Port
- Ethernet mac, capable of full 100Mbit/sec speed
- Native (4-bit SDIO) microSD card port
- I2S Audio Port, 4-Channel Digital Audio Input and Output
- 14 Hardware Timers
- Cryptographic Acceleration Unit
- Random Number Generator
- CRC Computation Unit
- 6 Serial Ports (2 with FIFO and Fast Baud Rates)
- 3 SPI Ports (1 with FIFO)
- 3 I2C Ports
- Real-Time Clock (RTC)
- Pre-soldered Headers